Thank you for your interest in opening your home for Sustainable House Day 2016 to be held on Sunday 11 September 2016.
What your participation means to us
Everything. Without the valuable contribution of homeowners and community groups this wonderful initiative would not be possible. As a grassroots event we are aiming to empower the nation to embrace eco-friendly and sustainable practices within their home and lifestyle. Through this peer to peer education event, your valuable knowledge and experience, will help us engage and inspire your community to take their own steps to living a lighter existence on the plant as well as promote the benefits of sustainability. In exchange, we hope that you find thia rewarding event to participate in and support. We thank you again for your time and commitment.
To ensure the integrity and high quality of sustainable homes for Sustainable House Day 2016, all submissions will be required to have a minimum of three sustainable features and will be subjected to an approval process by the organising committee. All decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
To apply to showcase your home for Sustainable House Day you need to complete all sections of the online profile by Friday 12th August 2016, although we do encourage you to complete the form as early as possible. We estimate the form to take approximately 5-10 minutes complete and recommend you have all information with you when filling out.
The assessment for approval will be done by the Alternative Technology Association. All homes will be required to be:
– submitted by Friday 12 August 2016
– have a current homes and contents insurance plan
– have a minimum of three sustainable features
– have a commitment to sustainable lifestyles
How we will support you.
The ATA and the team at Sustainable House Day are here to support you. We will provide you with direction and documents to assist you in opening your home. In addition, we will be conducting a national marketing, PR and social media campaign to build a profile of the event and the homes opening. Our assistance includes:
- A step-by-step How-To Event Guide with relevant tips and suggestions
- A media guide along with template media releases to use in the promotion of your open house
- Poster and flyer templates
- Directional signage and resource material that can be downloaded from the SHD website
- The possibility of volunteers to help you open your house on the day
Your responsibilities as a homeowner – Terms & Conditions
As a participant in Sustainable House Day 2016 I agree to the below terms and conditions:
- Homeowners/property owners will be required to host tours or be available to discuss the “sustainable elements & features” of the property between the times of 10am to 4pm on Sunday 11 September 2016.
- Homeowners /property owners have the option to charge a “gold coin” donation with funds to go towards a charity of your choice. This must be advertised on your house profile on the SHD website. It is also your responsibility to check with your insurance company whether this affects your insurance policy.
- Homeowners/property owners must hold a current home/property/building insurance policy OR Your business and display sites carry current public liability insurance (for business and display suite only). We recommend you check your own policy regarding public liability.
- Homeowners/property owners will be responsible for supplying volunteers/staff to help you on the day
- Homeowners/property owners are responsible for engaging ‘experts’ to attend your event to provide advice to attendees (optional)
- Homeowners/property owners must organise placement of a statement of entry of conditions (supplied by SHD), a sign in sheet (for return to SHD) and local directional signage for your home/property on the day of your event.
- Homeowners/property owners need to provide information about their property to SHD coordinators for display on the SHD website and use during event marketing including social media
- Homeowners/property owners must provide assistance in local advertising and promotion and sponsorship arrangements (optional)
- Homeowners/property owners are requested to provide access to sponsors on the day of event in the form of provision of materials for distribution or a representation onsite (optional)
- All open homes need to showcase a minimum of three Sustainable Living features. We request that you complete the online form and provide a brief description of your sustainable home. This information will be on the website and will assist visitors. Please also upload any high resolution images for use in media if required.
- Homeowners/property owners provide permission for all supplied photography of my property to be used in the marketing and promotion of Sustainable House Day. You provide permission for images to be used online, in magazine spreads or in the promotion of SHD
- Homeowners/property owners must take all precautions in respect of factors such as public safety, fire and emergency procedures, public health, first aid and child protection pursuant of the Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 1998. A risk management document and checklist will be supplied and must be completed.
- Homeowners/property owners might need to make yourself available for media interviews
- The building details, without address may be publicised on the SHD website at any time
- The building details, without address may be publicised in the media at any time
- The address details of the open house/property will not be displayed until three weeks out from Friday 22 August 2015
- The building address may be published in other media at least three weeks before SHD
- Major sponsors of this years event may set up a display within your nominated location
- Homeowners/property owners agree that any sponsors or suppliers that assist you in your open house must not clash with the national/state sponsors sourced by SHD.
- Homeowners/property owners must organise for the placement of a sign-up sheet (provided) to collect the names and contact details of visitors
- An Energy Auditor may attend the building on SHD to assist visitors
Your responsibilities as a Community Group – Terms & Conditions
As a community group in Sustainable House Day 2016 you agree to the below terms and conditions:
- SHD House Day will be operating between the hours of 10am to 4pm on both Sunday 11th September 2016. Homeowners and participating community groups are required to have the homes/properties open from 10am to 4pm on Sunday 11 September 2016.
- The event will be advertised free entry to gold coin donation to houses, with notification that some homes may request a gold coin donation to enter. Homeowners and community groups have the option to request a “gold coin” donation for entry into the home with funds to be used at their own discretion. However, it is the responsibility of the homeowner/community groups to investigate with their own insurance company whether the acceptance of donations does not negate their house insurance policy in any way.
- Houses can be either owner occupied or ‘green’ display houses. This may include a builders own display house, development, renovation company.
- All area based expenses are the responsibility of the participating local coordinating group. The event organising partners are not responsible for any local funding or costs.
- Local Community Groups have the option to raise funds through obtaining their own sponsors for their local event. However, it is essential that no sponsorship agreement interferes with the national/state sponsorship arrangements organised by national SHD management.
- Community groups are not permitted to offer commercial entities any promotional coverage via the national marketing activities such as the official event website, social media accounts or PR. This is restricted exclusively to national/state national sponsors only.
- Any commercial agreement is between you the community group and the commercial identity.
- All open homes and properties will need to display national/state sponsor brochures for visitors.
- All participating houses/properties must carry a current House/building and contents Insurance policy
- Representatives of your community group will select houses based on the guidelines provided by the management. Final approval is up to the national organisers.
- Community Groups are responsible for ensuring household profiles are uploaded to the event website.
- Community Groups will be responsible for sourcing volunteers or experts for each house.
- Community Groups will be responsible for making contact with any like-minded community groups who can promote the event in your area.
- Community Groups will have the opportunity to display your community group’s signage at the houses opening.
- Community Groups will be asked to nominate houses at which the national sponsors can set up displays to promote their products. Home owners must be prepared to accommodate their displays.
- Community Groups will nominate a Group spokesperson capable of undertaking interviews and advise Management accordingly.
- The Community Group must supply a copy of public liability insurance to the value of $10 million indemnity.
- Community Groups must take all precautions in respect of factors such as public safety, fire and emergency procedures, public health, first aid and child protection pursuant of the Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 1998. A risk management document will be supplied to assist.
- Community Groups must provide event feedback using the template supplied by the Management. This is to be returned to the Management no later than the date listed on the form.
- If your group has a website, social media accounts (Facebook and Twitter) or email addresses you are required to place a reciprocal link to the Sustainable House Day site. An appropriate ad tile will be supplied.
- Selection of Community Groups is the Management’s decision. This decision is final and no dialogue will be entered into. Successful Community Groups will be ones that have the volunteer numbers, house contacts as well as the ability and networks to assist with and ensure the successful operation of the day in their area.
- Ancillary events: you have an opportunity to build on SHD in your area. Your group may choose to have a workshop, presentation or other events as part of the day. Each area will be free to design events to suit individual needs. An Ancillary Event Form must be completed and returned to Management.
- If you are having any difficulties that inhibit your ability to carry out this agreement you must inform the Management.