Looking to attend Sustainable House Day but not sure of what you need to know? Here’s the top 5 questions we get asked about participating in Sustainable House Day 2016!
1.HOW DO I GET THE HOUSE ADDRESSES?
House addresses are only made available to website subscribers. Follow the below instructions to subscribe to the website:
- If you already subscribed to the website in 2015 you are automatically subscribed for 2016 and you just need to login to the user account you originally created (so skip straight to step 3!)
- If you need to subscribe to the website you can do so here: subscribe to the website.
- Once you have subscribed you need to login to the website (top right hand corner of the website) using the user profile and password you created. (You can tell you are logged in by the indicators pictured below)
- You will be able to access addresses listed each house profile listing.
2. DO I NEED TO REGISTER AT EACH HOUSE?
The majority of SHD homes do not require for you to book to attend with the exception of the following homes who all require ticket bookings:
- City of Greening, House of 2 Gardens – Highgate, Qld (SOLD OUT!)
- Green Living Centre – Newtown, NSW
- Hemp Cottage – Spring Hill, Vic
- The Rammed Earth House – Charlotte Bay, NSW
- White Pebble House – Hampton, Vic (10.30, 11.30 – SOLD OUT)
3. BUT I WOULD LIKE TO TELL THE HOMEOWNERS I AM ATTENDING!
You can indicate your interest in attending other homes by clicking on the favourite button on each house profile (see below). This will give the homeowner an indication of the level of interest in their property so they can prepare appropriately.
4. IS THERE A COST TO ATTEND?
Sustainable House Day 2016 is generally a free event, however some homeowners may request an entry fee /gold coin donation to either cover opening costs or to raise money for a nominated charity. Any entry charges are indicated on the individual house profiles (as pictured below).
5. WHAT TIMES CAN I ATTEND?
Sustainable House Day is generally open from between 10am to 4pm nation wide, however, each homeowner has the option to nominate their hours. Hours for each house are indicated on the individual house profile (as pictured below).
PLEASE NOTE THESE WITHDRAWN PROPERTIES
Please note the following homes NO longer opening for SHD16:
- Austerity Era Projects – Pascoe Value South, Vic
- Newham Strawbale House – Newham, Vic
- Robinson House – Tullera, NSW
- Ross Creek Retreat, Ross Creek, VIC
- Simple DIY Energy Solutions – Lower Plenty, Vic
- Strawbilly House – Aldinga, SA
- Victorian Heritage House, Retrofitted – Soldiers Hill, Vic