Weatherboard Edwardian/Californian front with a late 90’s extension retrofitted with a Solar Air Heating, night time summer ventilation and day time attic ventilation system from www.heatwithsolar.com.au, installed by www.pythonsolarheating.com.au.
FOR DETAILED DESCRIPTION of this system please see ‘ACTIVE HEATING COOLING’ in RHS Sustainable Features LIST. Also See PHOTOS of heating and cooling SCHEMATICS.
Top of the range Brightgreen LED downlights, LED globes and insulation in floor, walls and ceiling plus around hot water pipes under house.
Electricity and gas usage since 2010, before any work was done, graphed year on year will be available.
- Solar air heating and night time summer purging (intake + extraction fans) whole house
- Old insulation plus new full layer of “Floorseal R2 Thermal Polyester Ausmalt” on top.
- 40% GHG savings on gas, 30% on electricity
- LED’s brightgreen DR700 downlights. LED bulbs and a few CFL lights left.
- 4.5 stars energy rating
- R2.5 floor rating
- Polyester Insulation around hot water pipes all the way from gas hot water outlet and inlet which also gets hot! Polyester insulation stuffed up chimney after balloon failed
- R2.5 walls rating
- Solar PV grid connect