This ex-Government house has been renovated into a sustainable home that is both energy efficient and comfortable. Our power bills have been drastically reduced, as our energy consumption is less than 7kWh a day.
There will also be tours of 2 Jeffery Place which is a recently built sustainable house.
Our home includes:
- 5.6kW of solar, rooftop and ground-mounted
- Reflective painted roof to reduce heat intake
- Induction cooktop
- Thermal-backed curtains
- Door seals
- LED lighting
- Underfloor insulation and wall insulation on western and eastern walls
- Heat pump hot water heater
- Aircell insulation under roof
- 15,000L rainwater tank
- Energy-efficient appliances.
Gold coin entry supports Southcoast Health and Sustainability Alliance.