Sustainable Horticulture is a space to practice and implement changes and technology to reduce impact on the environment.
Based on 730m2, this edible landscape showcases varying techniques including:
– Organic, hydroponic and aquaponic systems fed from 23000L of water storage.
– Arid edible native footpath garden.
– Loads of fruit trees, in-ground and pots.
– Native and Honey Bees, as well as lots of other smaller biodiverse insects and animal life.
– Indoor growing and energy-efficient systems
Involved in energy efficiency with the Queensland Farmers Federation, we audit and advise on the latest energy-saving practices for farms. I am involved with water, climate, and energy, and the latest sustainable farming practices used throughout Australia.
To find out about the Energy Savers Program here