When is Sustainable House Day 2017?
Sustainable House Day 2017 will be on 17 September, 2017. Please register as a visitor to keep up to date and to get updates on the 2017 event. If you have registered in the past you don’t need to re-register.
What time is Sustainable House Day open?
Sustainable House Day runs between the hours of 10am to 4pm. However, some homes may specify different opening times on their profile pages, so please check.
I believe my house is suitable to open for Sustainable House Day, how do I sign up?
How do I obtain the addresses for the homes opening for Sustainable House Day?
To have access to the house addresses you will need to officially register as a visitor online. Once you login to your user profile you will be able to see the addresses listed on each house profile, published two weeks prior to the event.
Do I need to book at each individual property before attending?
Generally no, but some homeowners may require pre-booking, which would be indicated on their individual property profile. However, you can assist homeowners with an estimated attendance count by adding any homes you wish to visit to your MY FAVOURITES page.
What is the MY FAVOURITES page?
Each user profile has a MY FAVOURITES Page. This has been designed so you can create a list of the homes you would like to attend and also to provide an indication to homeowners the number of attendees interested in visiting their property. You can simply nominate your ‘favourite” houses by clicking on the ADD TO FAVOURITES button available in each house profile.
Will each home be conducting a tour?
Each open home will be conducting their own Sustainable House Day event dependent on the sustainable features available and the size of their property. Some may conduct tours at specified times or others may provide information sheets for you to conduct a self tour. Once again it is best to check the individual profile.
Does it cost to attend Sustainable House Day?
This is a free event. Some homes may charge a small fee (gold coin donation) with funds earmarked toward a nominated not for profit group or charity. You can see on each individual profile whether a home has nominated to request a gold coin donation.
Are there any conditions of entry as a visitor for Sustainable House Day?
As a participant in Sustainable House Day, we ask you to respect each of the homes you visit and act as per the following conditions of entry:
- Please officially sign in as a visitor to the home providing your full name, telephone number and email address
- Please act in a respectful manner towards the homeowner, all volunteers and other SHD attendees
- Please do NOT touch any property including furniture, objects, electrical items on the property, or personal items of others
- Please ensure all children are monitored at all times onsite
- Please remain in the allocated tour area of the home. You are NOT permitted to enter any areas that have been signed as private.
- Please do NOT consume alcohol or food during the tour.
- Smoking is NOT permitted
- Please turn off/silence your mobile and refrain from answering or speaking on your phone during tours
- Please make every conceivable effort to ensure your own personal safety whilst onsite.
- Please ask permission before taking any photographs
- You agree to any inspections of bags at the request of homeowners or volunteers.
- In the garden please do not touch the plants.
What shoes should I wear to Sustainable House Day?
As you will be walking through gardens and homes we highly recommend you to wear flat shoes. As a matter of courtesy, please be prepared to take your shoes off before entering a home.
What sustainable features does your house require to participate in Sustainable House Day?
All homes participating in Sustainable House Day must have a minimum of four sustainable features. The sustainable feature can be anything that goes towards sustainable lifestyles, energy saving and healthy home practices. If you are unsure, please review this list of House Details Specifications to be used as a guide. All homes are subject to a final approval process by the national organising committee.